Sunday, March 30, 2014

Planting Sweet Basil Seeds Part III (a failed attempt)

It had been more than a month since I started this project/test/attempt whatever you want to call it.

Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful.

The sprouts that I have seen before (Picture in Part II) was not basil.  As you can see in the picture below, it is the same as the weeds that are growing in another pot. L



I am down to my last basil plant, and as you can see it is not doing well either.  It is the one planted in the blue can, with brown, almost dried stem arching to the left (the seedlings in the middle are tomatoes).




I have gathered some dried basil flowers once again, but I am not going to plant the seeds at once.  I will give it maybe a week before I plan it.  I will soak if first in water for 12 to 24 hours to speed up germination.  I hope it is applicable to this seeds. 

Hopefully, the real basil's would grow next time J

March 30, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment