Saturday, June 2, 2018

Self-Watering Pot


This is my version of the Self-watering pot.  I made this yesterday June 01, 2018 with the help of my supervisor/helper, my son Liam.

I saw this on YouTube a few months ago, and I wanted to check if this really works.


These are the materials that I used.

4 pcs 500 ml Pet bottles
4 pcs of cloth
Soil
Water, and
Plant (for the plant, I used the spring onion that my wife bought, she already used the leaves and was going to throw away the roots, I have other plans for it, to regrow them)


First thing is to cut the bottles in half.  I made the part with the cap a little longer than the other half.  My idea was to have more room for the soil because the plants will get its nutrients from the soil.  I am not sure if that was correct, but that is just my idea.


Then we put a hole in the cap, where we inserted the strip of cloth, as my supervisor/helper is showing in the picture above.


Then lastly, we filled about half of the water container, put soil on the upper part and planted our spring onions.

I poured water on the soil this time, but if this will work, then I will not have to do that again.  But I do have to put water in the water container.

We will check if the water would be absorbed by the soil through the piece of cloth that we used.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment