Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Azolla Back-up



Having a back-up container for your Azolla is a great idea, and you really should have at least one.

This is my third post regarding the Azolla plant, and I really need to mention this.  For others like me who do not have different ponds to grow them, we really need to have a back-up container.

In my post last January 20, I have included soil in the usual water solution that I have been using.  And since I am not yet sure of the result of this, I created another back-up container for the Azzola (I already have one).  This is to ensure that I will still have some Azolla to propagate if something happened to the main tank.

In this back-up container, I have used the usual water solution that I have been using.


A bit of cow dung, and water.



Then I have put some Azolla.

So remember, especially if you are experimenting on the plant, have as many container as possible, even as small as this.
(all picture: January 21, 2017 - 1:43pm to 4:46pm)


No comments:

Post a Comment