Thursday, February 16, 2017

Solar Power - Basic Equipment

These are the basic equipment for a solar power system.

First are the solar panels.


These solar panels uses the photovoltaic (PV) method of converting the suns light or solar radiation into direct current (DC) electricity. 
These panels are then connected to a Solar Charge Controller.

Solar Charge Controller (SCC)


The Solar Charge Controller or SCC regulates the voltage that is coming from the PV going to the batteries.  It will make the voltage high enough to charge the battery, but low enough to not ruin or break it.

Batteries

This is where the energy is stored, so that when night comes and there are no sunlight, your system will still continue to function, using the energy stored from your batteries. I only have a 12v DC system, but if you want to use your system to make 220v AC equipment to function, you will need a power inverter.

Power Inverter or just Inverter


This equipment converts your 12v DC electricity to 220v AC electricity.  This will enable you to use your TV, Electric Fan, Refrigerator or even your Air Conditioning Unit.

As I earlier mentioned, I do not have an inverter in my system.  So I can only use mine for 12v DC equipment.  I have a couple of 12v light bulbs, and the USB charger for the gadgets.

 This are the basic equipment needed for a solar power system to function. Many thanks to Kuya Nelson Hernandez for allowing me to use the pictures of his Solar Power System.  But I think I need to go back to get clearer pictures.

I was able to get some clearer picture last Sunday, February 19.


No comments:

Post a Comment