Sunday, October 4, 2015

Harvesting Turmeric

October 04, 2015, I removed the Turmerics in the container because they have grown too big for it.

I planted five pieces of turmerics on this container last February 25, 2015.




It took a while for any sprout to show, there were times that I thought of removing them and putting on another plant instead. One factor was my father's chickens, they were always digging the turmerics, that is why I put a grill on top of the container.


Finally, on May 24, I saw a tiny sprout.




This is how it looks just before I removed them from the container.



And this is what I harvested from it.


I think the dark ones are the ones that I have planted back in February, but I am not sure.  I got one per plant of the dark ones, those with a lighter color, I got from the biggest plant.

That was more than seven months.  Maybe I needed to wait much longer for a bigger harvest.

After removing these turmerics, I replanted the plants, I hope they would survive and bear more turmerics.


This is the biggest, the others, I planted in other containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment