Monday, July 9, 2018

Siling Pangsingang (Finger Chili)


This chili has many names, but here in Cavite, it is commonly known as Siling Pangsigang.

Some of its others names are Siling Haba, Siling Tagalog, and Finger Chili.  But I will stick to Siling Pangsigang.

My wife and I went to our favorite Garden store last February 24, 2018, and my wife saw this plant.  It was just in a seedling bag but it already has some chili fruits.  She said that we should have some of it because Sinigang is our sons' favorite food, and she often buys that chili.  So if we have this plant, she would not need to buy it anymore.  She cooks Sinigang at least once a week because my son eats a lot every time we have Sinigang on our table.

This Chili is used in many Filipino dishes, another one that I can think of is called ‘Dynamite’.  The chili is stuffed with meat (pork I think).  Will ask Lanie to write the recipe and I will post it in the Recipe section if this site.

I remember that we had this plant a few years back, and I only planted it in a pot.  It did not turn out well, and it died, maybe because it was in a small container.  But now I am ready to try once more.


We bought 2 of this chili, and on that same day, I planted those two (or I think it was my uncle who planted it) in PachamGarden.  The picture above was taken last February 24.  I forgot to take pictures while they were still on the seedling bags.


This is how they look as of April 07, 2018.

Will make an update on this next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment