Thursday, October 18, 2018

Agrilink 2018! Part 1.



October 04, 2018

The annual Agrilink was again held at The World Trade Center, Pasay City, Philippines.  This was last October 04 to October 07 (Thursday to Saturday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm).

This year PachamWorld was able to have its appearance in the event.  No, not as an exhibitor (yet), just a visitor.  But hopefully, someday we would have our own booth.

I arrived at the venue before 10:00 am, and the place was jam-packed.  The people in line at the registration booths was so long that I decided to go out and check the stalls outside first.

The live animals were placed there, together with the different machines used for farming.  The gardening supplies were also there. Yey!

(Peacock)

(Peking Duck)

(Geese)

For the animals, I saw some pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, ponies (i want one!), peacock and a camel.  Yes, a camel (I also want one, although I do not know what I would do with a camel, ride it to work probably?).

(Various grafted fruit-bearing trees)

(Various grafted fruit-bearing trees)

 (Insulin Plant)

(Siling Pangsigang)

(Bell Pepper)

For the garden needs, I saw different kinds of Mulberry trees, fruiting already, grafted kalamansi seedlings, and as I expected, lots and lots of chilies (seedling and fruit-bearing).

(Chili Seedlings)

The chili seedlings that they were selling are still on trays (seedling trays), I did not bother to ask how much they cost any more (I cannot buy any anyway),  because it would be very hard for me to carry those home,  I did not bring a car.  I wanted to buy some because I see that the seedling are very nice and healthy.  Maybe next time.

I have already expected that many exhibitors will have chili on their booths (plants, seedlings, and fruit) because there was a lot of buzz on chili price these past weeks.  It reached a record high of more than a thousand peso per kilo.  No market seller is giving free chili anymore.

After the outside tour, I went to register, there still was a long line, but after 15 to 20 minutes, I finally got my ID.

What are inside the hall next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment