Sunday, May 13, 2018

Welcome to the PachamGarden Family!



May 13, 2018, a day before the barangay elections here in the Philippines, it is a Sunday, and also Mothers Day.

Happy Mothers Day!

Now I would like to welcome three new plants to PachamGarden!

Stevia


We bought three plants for Php100.00.

The leaves of these plants are used as a sugar substitute.  And they really are sweet!


Insulin Plant



These ones are expensive, at Php250.00 apiece.

The plat is gaining popularity nowadays because of its purported anti-diabetic properties.  There had been some studies about it that ware done in India.  I have yet to read those reports, (and I think, I would not be able to understand them anyway,  eheh) but as one who really likes sweetened beverages, I should hope that this can help me regulate my blood sugar (so I can drink more of that stuff).

and lastly.

Mulberry


At Php50.00 each bag.

The seller told me to just pick the ones that I want, and I have chosen those that have two rooted cuttings in them.

I saw an FB post before, and she was selling a rooted cutting at Php250.00 each.  Or you can also buy 50 pcs of cuttings, at Php800.00, but those are cuttings only, no roots yet, and you would probably be lucky if 50% of those would survive.

Luckily, we found this.


My wife and I celebrated Mothers Day by having lunch at The Dining Room of the Gourmet Farms in Silang Cavite.  But the real purpose of going to Silang was to buy the Insulin Plant.  The lunch was my Mothers Day treat for her.

My wife Lanie was the one who saw the FB post of the seller, and she contacted the seller regarding the location of their garden.

When we arrived at their place (I had a different picture in mind about their garden), I was really amazed.  Because I thought that their garden is like the typical ones along the roads in Silang, Cavite, but theirs were different.



See, it's an apartment type compound and the plants are just outside their doorstep.  And it is a concrete walkway even.  But the plants are really healthy.  Great right?

Here are some more pictures of their garden.




Small space, concrete walkway, no soil at all, except for those that are in the seeding bags, but this is really great.

They have many plants for sale in their place, like Kalamansi, Lemon (the green native one), sunflower and even strawberries.

Next time, when the temperature in our place is a little bit colder (maybe around June or July), I would get me some of those strawberries.

The owner of this garden is Miss Analyn Pascua, and you can look for her at FB's Marketplace.

Thank you and Happy Mothers Day Miss Analyn.





No comments:

Post a Comment